SHORT TERM TEAMS
We typically host teams of 12 including the team leader. (We can handle more people if needed, please just check with us.)
Typical length of a trip 7-10 days
Example: Saturday fly to Guatemala, have orientation and prepare for the week, Sunday go to church, climb a volcano or rest, Monday-Thursday work/ministry and Friday have a free day to shop or go sight seeing, supper out at a local restaurant, pack and fly home on Saturday.
Includes many things but depends on the abilities of your team
- Children’s Bible Education: Prepare a three to five day afternoon Vacation Bible School program for the children at House of Hope. This can include Bible lessons, songs, skits, art project, games or other activities.
- Work Projects – Cooking for the children, cleaning, painting, sanding, office work/administrative work.
- Construction – Help build a home for a family.
- Dental Ministry – Work in a modern clinic or take a complete portable dental clinic to a rural village to minister.
- ONIL stoves – Purchase and install an Onil stove for a family for $130 and provide them with a smoke free & a fire efficient stove for their home.
The cost per person per day is $50 dollars this includes all ground transportation, room & board, translators and an evening in a nice restaurant.
Flights usually cost around $450-$800 depending on season and group rates.
We do ask teams to raise a project money for supplies, such as paint & building materials or any materials related to the ministry they plan. A goal for the team to raise is around $1000 but again this is NOT mandatory. If you can’t raise these funds we still want you to come.
Shot requirements are childhood vaccinations and a current tetanus. Medical personnel are recommended to have Hepatitis A & B. In the area where we live malaria is not a risk so taking malaria medication is left to the discretion of the individual. Please see your personal physician for a prescription for medication for travelers diarrhea.
REQUIREMENTS FOR A TEAM MEMBER
Download the team application from the teams application page. Once completed email it back to us at email@example.com
Each individual is required to prepare a devotional in advance of the trip.