Hello from Guatemala! It is Christmas box time!! This year you have the opportunity to bless a child from House of Hope and or a child from the local church with a special gift from you. We hope to have 300 boxes this year.
A few basic instructions for this year:
- ¨ For size of clothing use your sponsor child’s age as a guide. Age range 6-12 years.
- ¨ Please remove all new tags or packaging from your gifts that you place in their plastic shoe box.
- ¨ If you are a sponsor place your child’s gifts in a Ziploc bag with their name on it. otherwise mark the bag with the gender and age range the bag is appropriate for.
- ¨ You may purchase candy, soap, lotion, or shampoo but you need to place these items in a separate ziplock bag so that they can be removed from the box for travel.
- ¨ Please consider asking a friend to make a box with you for another child at our local church in Santiago 🙂
In a Plastic Shoe Box Place Your Choice of the followingGIFT IDEAS
- Picture of you or your family, photos or postcards of where you live
- Flashlights & batteries
- Chapstick, finger nail clippers, wash cloth & hand towel
- Fleece jacket, sweater, t-shirts & underwear
- Socks black (boys) & white tall socks for girls
- Bracelet & necklace
- Fancy pens, paper, color crayons & markers
- Craft scissors & stickers
- Hand mirror, brushes, headbands & pony tail holders
- Small purses & cosmetic bags
- Dolls…no Barbie dolls
- Bead craft kits
- Marbles, puzzles, & match box cars
- Legos (boys or girls), etch-a-sketch
- Small stuffed animals
- Coloring books & pads of paper
- Devotional book in Spanish or Spanish books
- Wallet, sunglasses, baseball hat of an American team
- Sport wrist watch
- Soccer ball, jersey & soccer shorts
- Calculator, markers, paints—School supplies
- Fleece blankets
- Tooth brush and tooth paste
Please pray for your sponsor child or the boy or girl their family that they will see and remember that Jesus Christ is the greatest gift ever given this Christmas. Please include $7 cash for shipping & customs along with one piece of wrapping paper to wrap the box once it arrives in Guatemala….do not wrap it ahead of time as we need to be able to see what is in the box for customs. Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
In His Service,
The Robertson Family